Date(s) - 05/09/2018
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Skill level: Intermediate
This lovely summer sweater is knit in one piece side-to-side using heavy fingering or light DK weight yarn. A beautiful lace pattern decorates the sleeves and neckline, adding a touch of interest and elegance, without a lot of work. The pattern offers a wide size range to fit every body.
Suggested yarns we carry: Zooey, Hempathy, Merlin, Lady Mary, Lace Merino DK, Bamboo Cotton, Sulka Legato, Painted Desert
Please be sure to knit gauge swatches prior to the first meeting. If the gauge isn’t knit, the sweater won’t fit!
Skills you will learn/use
- Knitting and purling through the back look (KBL)
- Simple lace
- Make 1 Left (M1L) and make 1 right (M1R)
- Casting on to a work in progress
- Dividing work for neck opening and working back and front separately
Material you will need:
- Free Pattern – please download and bring to class
- 300-500 grams yarn
- 29″ circular needles, sizes US 3 and US 5 – or size to obtain gauge
- 16″ circular needle in smaller size
- Stitch markers
- Darning needle
Remember: Knit-Alongs are free when you purchase your yarn at Yarn & Thread expressions. Please plan to work only on the current or recently past KAL project.
Bookings are closed for this event.