Date(s) - 10/12/2016
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For the next KAL we are going to be making knitted and felted Bunny or Kitty baskets – perfect for a yarn bowl, table center piece, baby shower gift, or holiday basket. They can be made in solid colors or multiple colors, whatever strikes your fancy.
The pattern was designed by Cindy Pilon, and can be purchased through our shop or directly from Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kitty-cat-and-bunny-rabbit-felted-baskets for $5.00.
This KAL will begin on October 5th, through October 12th, Wednesdays, from 5:00 pm to 7:00pm. If there is sufficient interest, we will schedule a Felting Party sometime after the end of the last class.
The knitted baskets will enable you to learn:
- Color changes (if you desire)
- Shaping (increase / decrease)
- Assembly & finishing techniques
- Short row shaping
- Picking up stitches
- Minor amount of embrodiery on knitted fabric
- Pom Pom making (for the Bunny)
- Felting techniques
- US 11 dpns, and US 11 – 16” circular needles
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- 2 skeins feltable wool, worsted or chunky weight; pattern uses a chunky weight