Our next project, a market bag that can be knit or crocheted, begins on April 29 and ends on May 13. Both feature a wide strap that make it comfortable to carry on your shoulder. The patterns are free on Ravelry and we have a variety of yarns for you to choose from.
Knit Market Bag
The Ilene Bag, by Hannah Ingalls is another fairly easy project that works up quickly. You will learn:
- Knitting in the round
- Increasing and decreasing in the round
- Picking up stitches
- Decorative details (optional)
You will need:
- Cotton or cotton-blend sport weight yarn
- 24″ Circular needles, sizes 4 and 6
- A stitch marker to mark beginning of the round
- Darning needles to weave in your ends – no sewing!
Crochet Market Bag
The Crochet Market Bag by Miss Cinti is a modern take on the old fashioned string bag. You will need:
- Cotton or cotton-blend sport-weigt yarn
- Size G crochet hook (4.5mm)
Our Knit and Crochet Alongs are super popular so be sure to RSVP so we know you’re coming! Knit and Crochet Alongs are always free when you purchase your materials at Yarn & Thread Expressions. If you bring your own yarn, you will be charged $15 per session to participate. Please plan on working on the current project when you’re here for a KAL/CAL so our trusty staff can help you. If you’d like to work on other projects in the company of other crafters, you’re always welcome to join us for the Sit ‘n’ Stitch Thursday evenings from 5pm – 7pm. We have a lot of fun, chat about just about everything and sometimes even get in some work on our projects!